LABOR & EMPLOLYMENT ATTORNEYS
To help clients anticipate and avoid problems and reduce employee claims, Simantob Law Group’s Los Angeles labor and employment attorneys regularly provide counsel, advice and seminars on a host of employment of issues, including:
- Leave of absence issues including under the California Family Rights Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
- The interactive process and reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- Wage and hour compliance:
- Violations of Industrial Welfare Commission (IWC) Wage Orders
- Meal and rest period violations
- Statutory waiting time penalties
- Unlawful deductions
- Unpaid wages for hours worked and time worked “off the clock” and overtime claims
- Employee misclassifications (exempt v. non-exempt employee issues and independent contractor vs. employee issues)
- Employee discipline and discharge
- Employee/workplace investigations
- Workforce reduction issues, including compliance with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act
- California Prevailing Wage Law on “public works”- publicly funded construction projects.
Employment, labor and benefits issues are complex and challenging for every business. Simantob Law Group’s California labor and employment attorneys advise small start-ups to multi-national businesses on the ever-changing intricacies of State and Federal employment laws.
We advise clients on all aspects of labor and employment law and provide legal advice from recruitment and hiring to separation or termination on a seamless and integrated basis.